Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A mostly quiet New Years

New Years Day ended up being almost an exact duplicate of NYE, as it turned out.  All tours cancelled, curry for dinner, Rasta Bar, barkada.. by now we were all becoming good friends.  Being with such an eclectic group was fun... I was especially bonding with my new French friends.. they were Parisians and spending about three weeks traveling the Philippines.  I believe Damion and Annelue were a couple... and I also think Damion might have been brother to Alexandra.. but I didn't press that subject, being more interested in what they did for a living, and their political views, and their travels.  Anyway, they were intelligent and fun to be around.  Annelue in fact, holds a pretty high level position in the French government working directly with the Prime Minister... so there's a lot to talk about there, right??

Anyway, the highlight of this day was a wonderful one hour massage I received on the beach for less than $10US.  I read a lot... and of course spent the evening with curry, then barkada... then bed.

Perhaps the next day would be better... the skies were certainly clearing.. if only the sea would cooperate!

No comments:

Post a Comment