Thursday, October 16, 2014

Life is really strange sometimes

So, I just posted that yesterday I saw my first americano in 9 weeks.  Today, Im sitting in the mayors office and who should I meet but a gentleman by the name of Rick Luck.  Turns out, Rick (an americano) married a filipina and moved to the Philippines in March.  Rick is well travelled, having lived in San Francisco, England, Russia, Nigeria, Papau New Guinea, among other places.

Ok, here is the strange part:  Rick was born and raised in Pittsburgh.  He grew up in Wilkensburg (I lived there).  He went to Pitt (I went to Penn State).  He worked at PNB (I worked at Mellon).  Ricks favorite sandwich?  The Fish Sandwich at the Oyster House (my favorite as well).  Steeler fan? you betcha.  Rick and his wife now live in Naga and their life's work is devoted to finding free medicine anywhere in the world and getting it to where it is most needed.  They were in Lagonoy working with a local convent of sisters that share that same mission.

Wow.... life is interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment