Saturday, October 25, 2014

a bit on food

Ok.. I have this hypothesis that some may understand completely while others may deny absolutely... but it is proving true for me.  The less one eats, the less one feels hunger...  Now, I am sure there are limits to this, but I have to say, I am not eating a lot right now... and I haven't felt hungry in weeks!  Today I had one egg, one roll, one pork chop, a bit of okra, pumpkin, rice curry... and thats it.  As far as the curry goes... I could have done without it, but I figured I needed to eat to stay alive.  Yesterday, I had a bowl of noodle soup.  thats it.

I only say this to compare with how I often felt in the US.... Hungry with a capital H!

And by the way,  my diet here is really simple.  Lots of veggies, lots of rice, oatmeal and bananas.. chicken, the occasional pork chop and more fish than I have ever eaten.

So enough on that.  Today (Saturday) was a quiet day.  I did some shopping, but mostly, I was nursing my bruised rib, which hurts like hell.  I think I must have fallen into the counter when I tripped over the bucket and smashed it into bits.  That has to be what happened.  Here's the problem:  Two days ago, the light in my outside kitchen stopped working.  At the same time, the light in my (wonderful) bathroom will not turn off.  I mean, the switch does not turn off the light!  So, something is fuggered with the wiring.  At the same time, my landlord has been in Manila for the past week so there is no one talk to to fix the problem.  So ok, I was a bit tipsy on Thursday night and in the darkness, I tripped over the freakin bucket and must have fallen into the counter, hurting my ribs.  Anyway Jean, I am pretty sure that nothing isbroken since I have a sense that the pain is lessening over time.  Don't worry, Be Happy, I say!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment